Selection Process for CFLI Facilitators
All applications must be submitted and recommended by the Community Futures Provincial Association to the Community Futures Pan West Board. The Pan West Board will instruct the Community Futures Pan West Coordinator and the CFLI committee to begin the process of interviews. The candidate will be interviewed by the CFLI committee and must provide a resume, self-assessment and writing exercise reflecting on their experiences as a facilitator. The candidate is then, interviewed by a CFLI Selection Panel made up of 4 members appointed by Community Futures Pan West. (These members are not facilitators) Immediately after the interview, the candidate gives a short presentation to the selection committee. The panel then considers information from a number of sources and makes a recommendation to Community Futures Pan West regarding the competency of the candidate. Community Futures Pan West makes the final approval upon reviewing recommendations of the CFLI committee.
In order to make this process go smoothly, the CFLI Coordinator assists as follows:
- Provide candidates with the “Application Portfolio for New Facilitators”. This document asks them to develop a portfolio that includes an application form, resume, reflection on their facilitation experiences, and self-assessment.
- The CFLI Coordinator will do an initial screening and check references, using the tool provided in this document.
- The CFLI Coordinator will analyse the resume, using the tool provided in this document.
- The CFLI Coordinator will analyse the candidate’s reflection exercise, using the tool provided in this document
- The CFLI Coordinator will make copies of the “CFLI Panel Package for Selecting New Facilitators and set up a time to interview the candidate.
- Each candidate will be interviewed by the panel using the Interview Schedule in the Panel Package.
- Each candidate will give a 15 minute to ½ hour presentation to the panel. The panel will rate this presentation using the form in the Panel Package.
- The panel, with assistance from the CFLI project Coordinator, will rate each candidate using the Summary of Competencies in the Panel Package.
- The panel will make a recommendation to Community Futures Pan West listing the modules and delivery methods the candidate is competent in, using the form in the Panel Package.
Once the candidate has been approved by Community Futures Pan West, the new CFLI facilitator will sign a Service Contract with an option to renew annually. The CFLI Coordinator will audit the first session delivered by the new facilitator and will provide constructive feedback on how to improve. Each session will also be evaluated by participants. The CFLI Coordinator will meet with the facilitator annually to review performance and to re-new the contract, as required.